Fox Attacks Woman as She Watches TV at home


Brush-tailed scavenger with a thirst for blood stalked Melissa Warner and left her needing hospital treatment

A MUM-of-two who was attacked by a fox in her own home fears it will savage her young children unless it is caught.

Melissa Warner, 33, was set upon by the scavenger when it suddenly lunged up and sank its teeth into her hand as she sat on a sofa in her living room.

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

3

Targeted … Melissa Warner was left needing hospital treatment after a fox attacked her as she watched TV

The terrified childminder from Wallington, Surrey, suffered nasty gashes to her fingers, which needed hospital treatment.

Melissa, who has a one-year-old boy and a girl-of-two, told The Sun: “The fox has been hanging around a few of the houses over the last few weeks.

“We’ve all been trying to shoo it away, but it hasn’t been going.

“It doesn’t seem scared of anyone. I’m trying to keep it away from my children and have their door shut at night.

“I was sat on my own in my living room when it just literally lunged at me from the floor.

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

3

Blood-thirsty … the beast lunged up and sank its teeth into Melissa’s hand as she sat on the sofa in her living room

“My patio doors were open and I didn’t even see it burst in. It bit my hand and was quite scary.

“It may have not known I was there as I was so quiet and on my own. That’s the only excuse I’m giving it.

“We have two cats and initially I thought it was one of them as it walked past my legs.

“It then leapt. It was so random.

“It took 10-minutes to get rid of the fox and get it out of the house.”

ALAMY

3

Infectious Mr Fox … Melissa had to have a tetanus booster jab at hospital and a week-long dose of antibiotics after the attack

She had to have a tetanus booster jab at hospital and a week-long dose of antibiotics after the attack.

Melissa said the fox had been in her house twice before, but had never attacked anyone.

She added: “Pest controllers have been over to set a trap.

“I put my children on the swings in the garden and the fox came out of a bush and snapped at my daughter’s leg. She wasn’t bitten, but we ran inside.”

She even put repellent down in the hope of getting rid of it, but the fox kept returning.

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.